top of page
Web Banner 010124b.png
Web Banner 010124b.png

Kanab Fire and EMS respond to April 9 house fire

At 03:49:54 on Tuesday, April 9, Kanab Fire and EMS were dispatched to a report of a house fire in the north east section of Kanab just off of Highway 89. Fire personnel were on scene within four minutes of the page, and had water on the fire one minute after arrival on scene.



Photos courtesy of Kanab City Fire Chief Brett Pierson.


The fire was contained to the attic space and did not spread to any other part of the house, although due to the amount of water needed to put out the fire, the home did sustain significant water damage. The single occupant was outside of the home prior to arrival and no other searches were needed.


It is believed the fire had started by some faulty electrical lines, the occupant had woken up from the couch and was headed to her bedroom when she noticed the smoke and then proceeded to call 911.



Fire crews made entry through the front door and began to spray water in the attic access space as part of the initial attack. Due to the construction of the ceiling, operations switched to the roof outside to have a more direct attack of the fire into the attic. By the use of the ladder truck we were able to obtain roof access, due to the fire within the attic space and the amount of water that had been sprayed, the roof had collapsed and fire crews were able to spray water directly into the attic.


At 06:48, the fire was under control and there was no active fire, at 08:00 all crews were released from the scene and returned back to the fire station.

619 views0 comments

Comments


SUNEWS.NET FEATURES SEVEN STORIES FROM EACH WEEK'S ISSUE OF THE SOUTHERN UTAH NEWS. SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR THE FULL SUN EXPERIENCE!

bottom of page