Southern Utah News Articles
Top Stories for January 28, 2021
Six reasons to read the Southern Utah News with your kids and grandkids!
1. It gives kids the opportunity to read relevant information that is applicable to them or will be in their future. Our kids experience so much “virtual” reality these days, which is fun and exciting, but it is still important for them to get the non-fiction experience through reading about real life situations.
2. Helps your child be aware of current events in the world around them and start learning how to form and express their own opinions in a healthy way.
3. Assists them in knowing what is going on in their home town so they can get involved in community events, learn how to be a contributing citizen, and how to be a problem solver, not a problem finder.
4. The SUN now has a “Kid Zone” that is just for kids, with fun tidbits and activities for them to do!
5. A chance for them to see their own name and publications in the paper! With our new “Kid Zone,” kids can send in their responses to weekly questions, and submit their own photos and opinions for the whole community to see.
6. Reading the paper with your kids is a great way to spend quality time together, which opens doors to conversations that allow them to express their feelings and opinions on a certain topic or story they read with you.
Have fun reading and exploring together!