Southern Utah News Articles
Top Stories for February 24, 2010
Bill Harris answers
1. I want to help protect the rural lifestyle that we enjoy, and promote planned growth for future generations to come.
2. No, Fredonia doesn’t have a city property tax. I don’t think 4% sales tax is excessive. Impact fees are not too high for this area, as all new services have gone up. Newcomers need to pay impact fees the same as people who are already here.
3. I think the biggest thing facing Fredonia right now is the budget.
4. Yes, we need a city manager, but that person needs to be qualified and have a resume to back it up. That should also be the only position that person holds.
5. Try to represent the people to the best of my ability.
6. Yes, we need to keep the people informed, and keep all meetings open to the public.
7. Yes, I think it’s good for the community. It’s something we can all get involved in.
8. I don’t have any specific issues at this time.
9. I invite everyone to come to the town meetings, and get involved in our community.