Southern Utah News Articles
Rock the Trail Challenge
The Healthy Kane County Coalition is putting on a 10-week rock hunting challenge. The “Rock the Trail Challenge” will begin June 4, and end on August 12. There will be a painted rock hidden on a local trail every week. Each week, the rock will be sponsored by a different local business or organization. Once a participant has found the rock, they will take it into that week’s business sponsor to pick up a prize, a $50 gift card or a prize of equal value.
“We are so excited about this challenge”, says Lexie Little, Health Educator for the Southwest Utah Public Health Department. “Our goal is to get more local residents out on our trails; being physically active and enjoying the amazing area we live in.”
All clues, rules, updates and additional information will be posted on the Rock the Trail Challenge Facebook page (rockthetrailchallenge). Clues will also be posted in specific locations at that week’s sponsoring business.
The sponsors for the challenge are:
• June 4-10 Healthy Kane County Coalition, 445 N. Main (Southwest Utah Public Health Department). Clues will be posted on the door of main entrance.
• June 11-17 Glaziers Family Market, 264 S. 100 E. Clues will be posted at the customer service desk.
• June 18-24 Willow Canyon Outdoor Company, 263 S. 100 E. Clues will be posted on the inside of back door.
• June 25-July 4 Rocking V Café, 97 W. Center. Clues will be posted on front window.
• July 2-8 Kane Community Coalition, 445 N. Main (Southwest Behavioral Health Center). Clues will be posted on the main entrance door.
• July 9-15 Honey’s Marketplace, 260 E. 300 S. Clues will be posted in the deli department.
• July 16-22 ERA Utah Properties, 7 W. Center. Clues will be posted at the front desk.
• July 23-19 Kanab United Drug, 57 W. Center. Clues will be posted at the soda fountain counter.
• July 30-Aug. 5 Lumber Plus, 227 E. 300 S. Clues will be posted on the bulletin board inside the entryway.
• August 6-12 Randy’s Auto Body, 1580 S. 40 W. Clues will be posted on the front door.
This challenge is one of the many activities offered by the Healthy Kane County Coalition. Their mission is to increase opportunities for achieving a healthy lifestyle by providing education and support, developing infrastructure, and enhancing skills. To find out more about the coalition, visit www.healthykanecountycoalition.org or Facebook @healthykanecounty or @rockthetrailchallenge.